Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Good morning! I slept in a little this morning. I ususally get up at 3 am so I can get a couple of hours of writing in before school, but now that it's summer, I've been sleeping in a bit. I'm finished one graduate course last week and started another this week. So much for the misnomer of teachers not working in the summer! LOL

I've been writing my lastest book for a little over a year. Around my house we've been calling it "The Story That Never Ends." I'm attempting to write a set of four stories that have a lot of the same characters, but are stand alones instead of a series. That means you can read one without having to read the others and not lose anything. "The Story That Never Ends" is the second of the four. The third is about halfway through the rough draft. The fourth is still in my head. The first one will be published at Wings ePress this coming February.

Anyway, "The Story That Never Ends" is 139,000 words and I've still got the climax and the ending to go. I'm going to have to trim some out again. I've done an edit already to trim some of the story and got rid of about 5,000 words, but still need to do some more. Might make the story too exhausting for the reader though since there is a lot happening in the story. I'll have to ask some of my writing friends to read it through and let me know what they think since I'm too close to the story.

I write romances. I know a lot of people frown on them, but I like them for their escapism. The good guys always win and love conquers all. I want to read to forget my life, my stress, for awhile. I don't need to read about poverty. As a teacher in a small town in Maine, I see poverty. Watch the news, you see it. I read for pure fun and delight.

I may do little reviews of the books I read here too. I don't know yet. This is a little weird. Writing for myself but knowing that anyone could stop by and read it. I guess I'll shut up now. I'm avoiding "The Story That Never Ends" and I have class all day today too. Thanks for listening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Nancy said...

Well, Lori, aren't you going to tell us the title of the book that's coming out? I know I'm curious!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Belogue said...

Hello Mom Nancy! LOL I had to go back and look. I didn't say did I? LOL Fiery Strength. It's a paranormal romantic suspense.

The first of the four comes out in Feb of 06. Hunter's Arrow is Myles Hunter and Belen Cass's story. Fiery Strength is Terry Kegan and Andra Tice Marshall's story. Castle's Hero (the third) is Dean Corbin and Haylie Smithy's story. Brave Season (the fourth) is Kevin Trace and Wynter Rogers story.

I haven't submitted Fiery Strength to Wings yet. I can only hope they want it. I'm a bit nervous about the size of it. 139,000 words is a VERY LONG book and I'm not sure Wings will take it for length let alone the writing.

Sorry you asked now? I can talk about my books forever. LOL Who can't?

Speaking of books, tell me about you and yours.

Lori

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home