Saturday, July 23, 2005

I'm done with the class!

Well not exactly. I do have to finish my until planning and then teach it to my seventh graders. They'll love it when I tell them I'm changing the way I teach to try something a little different. I have to go to a presentation class in October to present my unit and any student work that proves how well the unit went or didn't.

I'm happy to have the rest of the summer, 3 weeks, to finish "The Story that Never Ends" and get it into Wings ePress. Hopefully they'll want it, if not, then I'll rework it until they do. Determination is the first ingredient to success, right?

Did you know werewolves were real? Well not in our world, but in my stories, they are. They aren't man eaters (not since the Middle Ages anyway. LOL) They are born with an altered genetic code that is passed on from father to the seventh son. Obviously they have to have big families! There are also bears, jaguars, lions, leopards, jackals, wolves, coyotes, hyenas, cougars and tigers. Time and death have taken a toll on all shifters. There are only about 500 or so left in the world.

The League of Packs governs the secret and keeps the order between the packs. They stay alive as long as the "Normals" think they are legends from old. The League settles disputes between shifters. Obviously the League is out to protect the lives of the shape shifters. If a "Normal" kills a shifter, there isn't even a trial. The "Normal" is killed and the police chalk it up to a random act of violence, a freak animal attack or such.

Fiery Strength is Kegan and Andra's story. Andra kills her abusive husband in self defense. The Northern Pack, Andra's father's pack, comes to her aid. Kegan is one of the pack members, who has against everything he knows is right, has fallen in love with her. Can he save her? Can they live happily ever after? That's the basic premise to the book anyway. There are many smaller subplots that carry through all four of the books, but you will be able to read one without the others.

I guess that's all for now. Mom Nancy asked for the name of the book, so here it is with a little about the book too. I can go on forever about my books. For me, the characters are very real. Writers are now nodding their heads in agreement while non writers will think I'm crazy. LOL Oh well. I write because I have to. I'm always thinking of story ideas. I have a long list of stories I want to start and or finish. I won't bore you with those.

Lori

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Nancy said...

When is this book coming out? Did you say it was part of a series? Can we get any of the series?

(Can you tell I want to read it????)

11:28 AM  
Blogger Belogue said...

Hello Mom Nancy! The first book is due to be released on Feburary 1st at Wings. Fiery Strength, will be finished this week and another edit for length, then it's off the Wings to see if they're interested in it. If so, I hope, it'll come out in 2007 or 2008. Castle's Hero should be ready for submission by Christmas and out in 2008-2009 and the fourth and final will be ready for submission by next June and if excepted be out in 2009-2010. Does that make sense? LOL

I have always been fastinated with werewolves. I've enjoyed writing these books even in the second one has been hard. There is a lot going on and I had to establish rules for my world within a world. I can't imagine world building as the Sci/Fi fantasy writers do. My League of Packs and shifters socoety is hard to get right and my shifters live in our world! LOL

Corbin though, he's a computer geek that finds himself in the Middle Ages. I'm halfway through the rough draft and am having a ball. Corbin doesn't even miss the computers much. I'm kind of suprised. LOL

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home