Friday, June 20, 2008

So tomorrow...

I am going to my MERWA meeting. What's MERWA? The Maine chapter of the Romance Writers of America. I don't attend regularly, but it isn't because I don't want to. Always and I mean all the times I don't make it has been because of scheduling problems at the last minute on the home front. One of my other goals is to make it to every meeting. No excuses. I always learn a lot and it's nice to hang out with other writers who don't think you're nuts when you talk about the voices in your head. They inspire me to reach for my goals not matter what.

I need the inspiration.

I have not been writing much because real life gets in the way. I haven't felt like writing. If I try to make myself write when I don't feel like it, well let's just say, it's worse than crap. So, instead, I don't write. I get out of the habit and end up playing computer games instead. I have two MS that are done, well one has to be redone in a major way, just have to give it a final run through for grammar and word usage... I hate my habit words and do not particularly care for eradicating them, but editing is part of the process, so I will.

I have two that need rewrites but are also essentially done. This would be enough to keep any normal person busy, yet not me. You see my ADD brain skips from one to the other and then I make afghans (four friends are having babies and I have to get these done)and do plastic canvas (I have two wedding presents to make still) and I will get it done before summer is over.

Oh, did I mention that I'm going to be teaching Language Arts as well as math next year? Looks that way, so I'm reading some of the books there are classroom sets of to see what I can do with them. Ya, I really ought to start a blog about teaching, but maybe some other time. I have enough to do already! lol

Anyway, so I'm off to my meeting tomorrow and I'm really really looking forward to it. They are doing major construction on my main route, so it'll take me a lot longer to get there. I have a friend who lives four or five hours north of here. I'll have to ask her how she got to the meeting since I'm sure she uses the same way I normally do.

When I get up in the morning, I'm going to do at least one chapter of the finished MS (Titled Shaken for now.) I have to get rid of all the that's and walks and narrow the he's and she's down to only the absolute necessities. I'll have to vary my sentences, which is hard for me on rewrites since I see it the way the first draft falls. I have to think more about the words and less about the picture I'm trying to show. It's exhausting work, but it pays off in the end when the book is sold.

Okay, I'm off to bed. I have to get up early to start the rewrite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home